Friday, April 29, 2011

Mommy Haiku

On NPR yesterday, they were talking about this Haiku poetry contest from a few weeks ago and the recitation of some of the poems brought me back to late elementary/early junior high when I first learned about Haiku. In case you don't remember, Haiku is written in 5/7/5 format. 5 syllables for the first line, 7 for the second, and 5 for the third. It's been a long time since I wrote anything in Haiku format and I couldn't imagine a situation where I would ever write that way again.

Then, this morning in the shower, I started thinking of all of these "mommy" related Haikus! So weird, I know. But, I'm going to share them with all of you anyway! 


Mommy Haiku

So many diapers
Everywhere I see them
Filling up the trash

***

Clothing stained with poop
No stain remover will work
Disposable clothes?

***

Milk shooting all out
Nipples forever erect
Baby is happy

***

The Boss Lady rules
Whenever she cries I jump
Up to serve again

***

No more sleep for me
Why has my sleep gone away?
A baby lives here!

***

Giggles sound so sweet
The Boss Lady's smile is light
So lucky am I

No comments:

Post a Comment