Monday, April 18, 2011

Resolution Update: Week 15

Weight: 142!! Holy moly, I CANNOT BELIEVE I already got to the 30 pound milestone!!! I weighed myself 3 times in 3 different places yesterday because I could barely believe it! Pictures below!!!

Diet: I actually wasn't very strict with myself this week. I ate well but I let myself have a few treats last week. For instance, on Wednesday, I ate an Oreo and on Friday I ate another one. Now, the logical side of me knows that ONE Oreo isn't a sign of going back to my formerly bad habits. But, the stricter, more by-the-book side of me was disappointed in myself for cheating a little. The bottom line is that I need to learn that part of being balanced is being okay with eating ONE Oreo every now and then.

Exercise: Walking is going great! I'm not loving not being able to do anything else but I get on the treadmill and read a book and I'm starting to enjoy that hour of reading. It's actually nice since I don't really get time to read at any other point in the day.

Thougths/Reflections for the week: You know those pants you hang onto *just in case* you lose some weight and can finally fit into them?? Well, I fit in those jeans!!!! Yes, I am officially in a new jeans size and it feels amazing! One of the pics below is of me at my 30 pound milestone. The other though is just a fun pic. This weekend, Mike and I cleaned out the closet and I pulled out the jeans I bought in November when I realized I didn't want to wear maternity jeans anymore but  couldn't fit into my pre-baby jeans. They are a size 14. Just for kicks, I put them on and they were so big on me that I could take them off without un-buttoning or un-zipping them! I am now wearing a size 8. WOW, how things can change in just 3 & 1/2 months.

It feels so crazy to be at this weight and to be comfortable here. The only other time in my life that I've weighed 142 pounds was when I was on my way up to a higher weight. This seriously feels awesome!!!!



A whole other person can fit in my old jeans!! A small person, but still! Ha!


1 comment:

  1. so awesome! i've been on the same journey as you (with no baby as an excuse) & hit the same milestone... pretty much the same weight! i've kind-of hit a plateau (mostly due to my efforts slowing down) but it's great to read this & hope i can get SERIOUS serious again! 15-20 to go!

    ReplyDelete