Monday, April 4, 2011

Resolution Update: Week 13

Weight: 147.5! I have to admit that I'm surprised that I'm still losing weight even though I haven't been able to work out (more on that in a moment). It's definitely a nice surprise though!

Diet: I'm having to go easy on my cheat day but I still enjoyed a few treats this week! The no-working-out thing is starting to affect my motivation to eat well. That may sound weird but when I was working out I was so much more motivated to watch my diet during the week. I have no idea why that is. BUT, I'm still doing well and eating well!

Exercise: So, I went to the doctor on Friday and she thinks I may have a herniated disc. Super. So, I start a steriod pack tomorrow to get this pain under control then possibly (probably) physical therapy. Then we'll have to see. In the meantime, I am allowed to walk. On Friday I was incredibly upset about this news but I'm trying to keep a good attitude about it. Walking is still good exercise and if I go to the gym and do it on the treadmill, I can read a good book while I'm doing it! That'll be some good "me" time so I'm kind of looking forward to it. I bought an ab video to help with my core strength and I plan on doing that in the mornings.

I'm bummed I can't do any weight training right now. I was really loving feeling my body changing, not just because of the weight loss, but because I was gaining some muscle tone.

Also, my workouts were super easy because I could do them in the morning before Oli woke up and I didn't have to miss out on any time with her in the evenings. Now, I'll have to take her to the gym daycare while I do my walk. That's okay I guess. It'll probably be fun for her and I'll definitely be in a better frame of mind if I can get a workout in.

The biggest problem right now is that my evenings are super busy so I definitely won't be going as often as I'd like.

Hopefully next week I'll be writing about how great I'm doing with my walking and making it to the gym!

No comments:

Post a Comment