Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Resolution Update: Week 17

Weight: 142. BOOOO!!! I am not at all shocked by this little "rebound" though because I went a little hog-wild this weekend. Mike and I took a little trip out of town for a friend's wedding and I took full advantage of our mini-vacation. It's okay though. At this point, a 3 pound rebound isn't a terrible thing. I'm not thrilled about it but I'm still really happy with my weight. I suspect a lot of this was leftover bloating from the alcohol consumed at the wedding though because when I weighed myself today, I was 140.5. Weird, but still okay.

Diet/Exercise: As mentioned above, I took full advantage of being out of town for a weekend! And I don't regret it one bit!!! I think I deserve a little break every now and then and I've easily gotten back on track this week.

Thoughts/Reflections for the week: Twice this weekend, people who haven't seen me in a while didn't recognize me because of this weight loss! This was a really cool feeling. I feel transformed and it's nice to know that I look it too.

Also, I saw my doc today and asked her about my weight and where I need to finally end up. She said my BMI is a 22 right now (which is like mid-normal range) so at this point it's kind of up to me and where I feel comfortable. I could lose a few more pounds without going into the below average range of BMI but she said that if I'm happy where I am then I'm at a good weight! I NEVER thought I would hear this from a doctor!

After some thought about this in the past week or so and much of today, I've decided that I'd like to be at 135. So, there you have it: my FINAL goal weight!

It's so strange to be at this weight and know that I am in a good weight range. The only other time I've been at this weight was on my way UP to a bigger weight.

So, aside from the 3 pound rebound, so far so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment