Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Life just happens

So last night I went to bed with every intention of writing about our wonderful, much needed vacation. But right now, I want to crawl under the covers and never come out. Because today: life happened. It started last night actually when my sweet child REFUSED to go to sleep and I think she finally did around 11. What flippin' 2 & 1/2 year old stays up until 11??

Then I was too tired to get up and go to the gym today so I woke up at 6:30, worked all day and forgot to take a lunch break where I had planned to write about the vacation you won't even want to hear about by the time I ACTUALLY get around to telling you about and the importance of it to my sanity and marriage. I came home, where my mom had planned a really nice birthday dinner for my sister, Michelle, and me and stepped off into some s*&t by opening my big mouth. The night ended okay except that until about 30 seconds ago, my child was hitting me with a Shrek DVD and telling me "I DON'T WANT TO WATCH THIS!!!!" and pointing to the TV where my mom and Mike are watching Duck Dynasty. Seriously, I want to cry.

This is life folks: some days rock and some days it feels like you ran smack dab into a giant rock. Some days you think you are going to have time to reflect on your awesome time away with your husband and some days you find it hard to believe that your vacation was just 24 SHORT hours ago. I almost literally feel like it never happened.

But that's okay. No, really, it is. There are good days and bad and the key is not to let it beat you down. The key is to stop and reflect on the good of the day--like spending the morning with my sweet girl, or enjoying a birthday dinner with my mom and sisters, Megan and Michelle (and our sweet hubbies and kids) which brought back a lot of good memories of our childhood, or like watching my Oli play with her cousins and hearing her hilarious squeal, like knowing that as soon as I log off here, I'll go snuggle with Lady Loco (even if it takes her until 11 to fall asleep). And tomorrow I'll get up and rally but today, life just happened. And I'm going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment