Saturday, February 23, 2013

I kind of thought this might happen...

Yesterday morning, I woke up at my normal time (5 a.m.), went to spin class, went to work, work, work, work, came home, packed for our trip (What, you didn't know we are on a mini-vacay? More on that later!), and attended a friend's birthday party and lo and behold, I FORGOT to do a blog post yesterday! Well, actually I kind of remembered when I got home from the birthday party but I had had a *couple* of glasses of wine so trust me when I say I really did you a favor by sparing you my wine induced ramblings.

This morning, I told Mike that I was upset that I had failed at my Lenten resolution. I thought that might happen but I was really, really hopeful I could pull this off. Then, instead of saying "What's the big deal anyway?", my sweet husband said "You only fail if you give up and stop writing." I love this man, ladies and gentlemen. He is my encourager at all times without being pushy. I love that he knows just the thing to say to motivate me.

Today, I have purposefully prioritized my time on several other things instead of writing so I actually don't have much time for this post. Today I spent time walking around an incredible city, in beautiful weather with my sweet man, my sister, Michelle and her husband, Michael. We stopped occasionally to have something to eat or to enjoy a happy hour here and there. And then I took a one hour nap. AND THEN I took a one hour shower! Tonight, we are headed out to dinner and then who-knows-what--the night is ours to do with what we wish! Again, more on this adventure later. Tomorrow...hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment