Sunday, January 30, 2011

Resolution Update: Week 4

Weight: 164. WHOA! That officially puts me BELOW my pre-pregnancy weight!!! At first, I didn't trust this result! When, I initially weighed myself I had to pee. My weight was 165. Then, I used the bathroom and re-weighed and 164! Then, this evening, I weighed myself again just to make sure. And after a day of eating (and I was holding my cell phone), my weight was 165.5! So, I'm going with 164. Either way, I'm freakin' amazed!

Diet: Diet was a little harder this week since we had a big family weekend. I haven't had a family weekend since I started my new healthy living and it was tricky to eat lots of meals that I hadn't prepared myself. When I cook at home, I'm able to measure everything and really pay attention to what is going in my food. Since I couldn't do that this weekend, I just tried to make the best decisions I could based on what I know about food. I think I did alright! When my sister, Michelle, found out I hadn't had a piece of cake Saturday night, she was amazed! Actually, I was too. I rarely pass up cake. But I did that time because I saved my "cheat day" for today. I felt so proud of myself!

Excercise: I wasn't able to work out as much this week because my knee has started bothering me. On my off days, I wasn't lazy though. I cleaned the house one day and the other I was running around doing errands all day. The knee thing was kind of a bummer. In the past, when I've had any kind of "injury" or soreness, I automatically sit myself out. This time, I tried to push through but I didn't want to cause any permanent damage. I had tendonitis in my knees as a teenager and I think it's flared up a little. I know that's not permanent and that I need to rest it every now and then. I was surprised though that I actually felt disappointed to not be able to work out. Wow, this healthy living thing is changing me big time!

Thoughts/Reflections for the week: This was the week that people started noticing that I was making changes. My MIL was in town and when she saw me, she immediately said "Wow, Steph, you look great! You must have lost a lot of weight!" The last time she saw me was about a month ago just before I started making these changes. I burned that comment into my memory bank so when my alarm goes off, I'll remember that and it'll give me motivation to get up and get moving!

Also this week, I was talking to my friend Christina when a thought occurred to me. I know that, in the past, when I would hear about people having success being healthy and losing weight, I'd always feel kind of defeated by the other person's success. I'd think "Oh, they are probably one of those I Don't Like Sweets people," or "Oh, they probably have more time than I do to work out." Okay, first of all, I always want to kick those I Don't Like Sweets people. Who in their right damn mind doesn't like sweets???? I love them. Second, I have almost zero time to work out. But, I also don't have time to be sick or be obese or whatever other health issues I might encounter later in life because I didn't make time to take care of ME. I get up at 5 during the week so I can squeeze in 20 minutes. That's it, just 20 minutes! And I usually don't get to bed until 11. Sure, I'm sooooo tired when that alarm goes off. Since I've been working out though, I have so much more energy during the day! I have to MAKE time to workout and I have to give up another love of mine: SLEEP.

Be assured that this is NOT easy for me! It's getting easier the longer I do it, but this takes a lot of willpower and encouragement from others. It's really hard to be the ONLY PERSON, in a room full of your family, not eating cake. I just have to keep reminding myself about how great I feel when I take care of my body. I have to remind myself what my motivation is. This is truly a mind over matter thing for me.

So, I'm a little nervous about this week since I had such a great week last week. But, here we go again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment