Sunday, January 23, 2011

Resolution Update: Week 3

Weight: 169.5!!! Whoo-hoo!!! I'm really enjoying this steady weight loss. I'd love to step on the scale and see that I lost 5 pounds in a week but this is actually right on track for me and it's feeling great!

Diet: You know that last week, I found out how many calories I was eating before dinner and I made some changes to get my before dinner calories to right around 1500. This week, I started counting up our dinners and once again, I was shocked by how much we were eating! On Tuesday night, I made a pan of pasta that had 7,000 calories in it!!! 7,000!!!! We ate it for 3 nights but that is still not good. Anyway, it was eye opening and we won't be eating that again. Well, maybe we'll just save it for a "special occasion!"

I do want to be clear about something when it comes to my diet. I seriously love food. And I love GOOD food. I feel really strongly that food should taste good. I've started paying a lot of attention to what I'm eating and I've cut calories but I haven't sacrificed eating things that I actually LIKE. I just don't believe that you should have to eat things you don't like in order to eat healthy. Take those frozen diet meals for instance. I just don't get it. I tried to eat them once. I got so excited to see that they had mac 'n cheese as an option. Mac 'n cheese! Yeah right. They should rename that crap "Foam Packing Peanuts in a Creamy Nuclear Sludge Sauce." Those things just aren't edible. Those little meals leaving me feeling so empty that I always want to go get a real meal afterward.

With my new approach to be healthy, I still eat things that I like to eat. I just try to be smarter about my choices. I'm not eating cake every night but I eat lots of fresh veggies and Mike is a champ at grilling up a good chicken breast. I even get to eat carbs!!! But, instead of letting myself indulge whenever I feel like it, I save myself for a really great "cheat day." So, if I want that cake, I eat it on my cheat day. There's something about saving something for my cheat day that makes it a million times better.

Excercise: I did awesome this week! I am still getting my butt kicked daily by Jillian Michaels but I think I'm getting stronger every day. I'm feeling so great that I actually kind of look forward to my workout. It sucks that it's at 5 a.m. but it's nice to start the day that way.

This week, I was telling my friend Christina how ridiculous I look after I'm done working out. I mean, I am not one of those girls that wears the cute little workout clothes and never breaks a sweat. So, as promised (to Christina), here is a picture of me post-workout. That thing that looks like a shadow behind my head is not. It's my hair coming out of pony tail. Seriously, I'm super hot.



Thoughts/Reflections for the week: For the first time, I am finally taking my health seriously and it's paying off. I had no idea I would see success right away and it feels great. I am so proud of myself for doing this and I am feeling great! For so many years I have not really expected very much of myself. I've always made excuses for why I wasn't being healthy and I always thought, "Well, I deserve to eat this cake," or "I deserve to sleep in and miss my workout today." Deserve? Since when did I do anything to deserve to not take care of myself? That doesn't even make any sense! I deserve to be healthy and feel good.

Keeping my fingers crossed to see more good results on the scale next week!

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the good work, Steph!! You look fantastic!! If you wanna go for a run, holler!! :)

    ReplyDelete