Sunday, January 9, 2011

Resolution Update: Week 1

Weight: 172.5 (in all fairness, I had just eaten lunch!)

Diet: I'm happy to report that I did great this week with my food choices!! I think being back at work really helped with food. When I was at home with The Boss Lady, I was putting her first all of the time and eating at different times every day and grabbing whatever was easy. This week though, I did awesome since I was able to plan my lunches in advance and then eat before I was so starving that I grabbed the nearest bag of chips. The other piece of this is that I am breastfeeding so I'm not cutting calories drastically. I did have a cheat day on Saturday. Mike and I split an ice cream at Cold Stone Creamery. The weather was really nice here on Saturday so we sat outside on a bench with Oli and just enjoyed our afternoon together. It was the best cheat day I've ever had.

Excercise: Okay, this was REALLY hard this week! On Monday, I did do some yoga in the morning and I felt great. BUT, on Tuesday (my first day back at work), I tried again and Oli woke up about 20 minutes into it. The rest of the morning was not very pleasant since she wasn't really patient with me making my breakfast and getting ready for work. I was 45 minutes late to drop her off for her first day of daycare. So, here's the deal: Olivia wakes up at 7 every morning. In order to pump, get in a workout, and get in the shower before she gets up, I"ll have to start getting up at 5.

Here's the other deal: I LOVE my sleep. A lot. If you offered me $100 or an extra hour of sleep, I'd probably take the sleep. By now, you probably realize that I value food and sleep over money. That explains a lot. This week, I just decided to focus on getting to daycare and work as close to on time as possible so I just got up at 6 every day and did the best I could. This weekend I did buy a Jillian Michael's DVD (30 day shred) that is just 20 minute workouts. This suggestion was left by a friend last week. Thank you, Jill! This week, I'm going to get up at 5:30 every day to do the 20 minute workouts on the DVD. We'll see how that goes.

Thoughts/Reflections for the Week:  Balancing work, family, and this new resolution is a challenge!!! Every day seemed like a race to the finish only to have to get up and do it all over again the next day! While food was easy because I can plan better at work and I'm not being squawked at or drooled on while I'm trying to eat, exercise was tough because I didn't want to spend my time at home with my Sweet Pea exercising and when she went to bed I was exhausted! Even this weekend, I didn't want to waste one second that I had with Mike or Oli. On Saturday morning, we just hung out in our pj's until about 11, playing with her on the floor and dancing around the living room to the hokey pokey. It's a hard balance prioritizing taking care of myself and family time. I feel like I made the right decision by choosing the hokey pokey with Mike and The Boss Lady over exercise. Besides, it was kinda like a work out. I mean, I was out of breath afterward. Of course, that could be because I'm also out of shape!

Okay, so since my wake-up time got moved up to 5:30, I'd better head to bed!

1 comment:

  1. I'm officially starting the 30 day shred challenege with a fellow mom today (although I did it 3 of the past 4 days). It's tough. It's intense but 20 minutes is an amount of time I think I can consistently steal during the day (eek, 40 if I try to take a shower after)! Hope it works for all of us!

    ReplyDelete