Sunday, March 6, 2011

Resolution Update: Week 9

Weight: 155!! I hadn't mentioned this before but this was secretly my goal weight. I didn't want to truly set a goal because I didn't want to put a ton of pressure on myself or create a deadline of sorts. And I didn't want to have the mindset that once I reached my goal, I would stop trying to lose weight. 155 is great but it's still a little heavier than I should be for my size. However, I am EXTREMELY happy with this!!!

Diet: Okay, so this weekend was my birthday celebration weekend so I actually had 2 cheat days in a row! I debated even allowing myself this but it's my birthday for crying out loud! One of the things I'm going to have to learn is that it is OKAY to let myself off the hook if it's something like my 30th birthday weekend. So, I had one delish piece of cake yesterday and as soon as I post this, I'm headed to the fridge for another! I guess we'll see if I have a rebound next week! Ha!

Exercise: Bad news here. I threw out my back. Go figure. I turn 30 on Thursday and I'm throwing out my back! I've been to see a chiropractor and she did recommend laying off the workouts a little. I've had to stop my Jillian Michaels because it's pretty high impact and kills my back. I've done some walking and I went to the gym and hit the eliptical. The biggest problem is that, while I'm working out, I'm not in pain at all. After, is another story. I didn't work out at all yesterday or today in the hopes that giving my back a rest will help it heal quicker so I can get back on track.

Thoughts/Reflections for the week: As I mentioned, I'm turning 30 this week! I think it's awesome that I hit my goal weight the same week as this huge birthday milestone. At 30 years old, I am taking better care of myself than I ever have and I am feeling great! Oh, well, except for the bad back part!

On Saturday night, I celebrated the Big 3-0 with a huge party and it was AMAZING!!! I'll post more on that later. But, in regards to this Resolution, I have to say that on Saturday night, I looked and felt wonderful. I had this great dress that fit so wonderfully and I felt so great showing off this new figure! It was truly incredible to be able to celebrate my birthday and feel like I looked great! I'm not trying to brag about myself here. But, so often, I've had times in my life where I was thinking "Jeez, I wish I looked a little better or lost a little weight before now." That thought never even crossed my mind!

Like I said, with 2 cheat days and having to lay off the exercise, who knows what next week's result will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment