Sunday, March 13, 2011

Resolution Update: Week 10

Weight: 155. Plateau--boo!!! Yesterday, I weighed myself and I was at 153.5 but today I waited to weigh myself after an all-you-can-eat brunch. I think we can all see where I made the mistake. BUT, I'm sticking to 155 this week since that's what the scale says and I don't want to cheat. I'm just going to be hopeful I see some progress next week. I'm super excited about hitting the 20 pound mark!

Diet: Not so great this week since it was my birthday week but I think I did a good job of balancing everything. Even today, on my cheat day, at the brunch, I didn't go crazy. Normally I get one of everything and extra dessert. And though I did have a waffle with butter, syrup, and whipped cream, I didn't eat the desserts! And I tried to focus on things a little more protein rich. I'm still frequently amazed at how differently I look at and treat food now. I have so much more self control these days and I love that. I love knowing that food doesn't control me.

Exercise: Not good AT ALL. I injured my back somehow (turning 30 maybe???) so I've been resting it since last Saturday in hopes of healing. Well, that's not really working. This week, I'm getting back on the exercise wagon even if it means only being able to walk on the treadmill or around the neighborhood. I've got to do something though!

Thoughts/Reflections for the week: I am truly surprised how much I miss my workouts. Don't get me wrong, I love sleeping in and relaxing on the couch but my workouts really helped me get through the day. It was just a great way to get some endorphins flowing early in the morning to help me start the day out right. I've felt sluggish and flabby this week. I'm trying not to beat myself up though because I don't want to do anything that would permanently damage my back. Back pain is the worst! It's made me so miserable this week and I'm looking forward to feeling better soon.

About 3 months ago, my sister was having some back issues and had to stop her workouts. She was so upset by that and I remember thinking "Wow, I wish someone told me I couldn't work out!" Now, here I am, in the same position she was and I'm chomping at the bit to get back into things! Wow, I've changed a lot.

Okay, so I'm back in action this week for great results next Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment