Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Falling in love again

I never thought it would be possible to be in love with two people at the same time. In fact, before I met Mike, I wasn't even sure I believed in falling love at all. But then I did. Mike was strong, kind, and somehow able to absorb so much of my craziness! I fell in love with him, heart and soul, and I was convinced he was the only person I'd ever be in love with.

Then it happened again. Yes, I fell in love with another. Dark hair, blue eyes, chubby cheeks. Who knew that the second time I fell in love it would be with someone so demanding, so needy, and with a scream so piercing I was sure my ear drums were bleeding those first few weeks. Someone whose smile would melt my heart and brighten my world despite how crazy things got. But it happened.

The first second I laid eyes on Olivia Anne, I fell hard. As Mike held her in his arms to show her to me, I looked at the two of them, these keepers of my heart, and I knew that, yes, it is possible to be in love with two people at the same time. I knew in that instant that my heart will forever be in the hands of these two amazing people.

And as a huge bonus, when I fell in love with Olivia, I got to fall in love with my husband all over again.  

When I fell in love with Mike, that loved changed me and my love for Oli has changed me too, I think. My mom recently told me that she thinks I'm less OCD and a little more laid back than I was before having a baby. I certainly hope that's true. Isn't that what love is supposed to do for you? Isn't it supposed to change you, make you better, stronger, more YOU than you ever knew possible?

In the 3 months that she's been in my life, I have learned so much about The Boss Lady and even more about myself. Every day I fall more in love with her and I am pushed to grow more than I knew was possible. Some days I'm not sure I have a clue what I'm doing but I embrace the new, the crazy, and the unknown, every day!

Today, on this 3 month birthday of my sweet angel, I want to take a moment to celebrate falling in love all over again...




Hey mom, how about you quit flashing that bright light at me and get this goofy flower off of my head?

She gave up on tummy time and just fell asleep instead.

First Halloween

Happy happy girl!

Surprise!

Hey look, it's Mike's mini-me!

Good morning!

Sweet, snuggly baby
3 months old today!




No comments:

Post a Comment