Sunday, February 27, 2011

Resolution Update: Week 8

Weight: 158! I am literally AMAZED that I broke 160! Seriously, I weigh almost what I weighed at my wedding. And I looked and felt GREAT then! This is so very, very exciting!

Diet: I have a confession: I had TWO cheat days this week! In our family, February and March are full of birthdays and this weekend, we celebrated my brother-in-law & sister-in-law's birthdays and my sister's birthday. I had dessert at both celebrations. BUT, I did split the dessert with Mike and I was really good with the rest of my food this week.

Exercise: Just a little on this, this week. Thank you Jillian Michaels for the continued ass kicking you give me each day. Seriously.

Thoughts/Reflections for the week: Today, we went to a baptism reception and there were fajitas there--with chips & salsa! I did not eat the chips & salsa and after just 2 fajitas, I stopped eating. To top it all off, I only ate a small bite of cake! On the drive home, Mike said "I don't even know you anymore!" I'm not sure I really know myself! Ha! I never in a million years thought I would have this much self control!

Tonight, I was telling Mike how I really am amazed at how much I've changed when it comes to taking care of myself. He said maybe it was because I'm finally seeing how good it feels to be in shape. He's right. I've done some dieting and excercise in the past but I never really held myself accountable and I never really tracked my results. It's so fun to see that scale go down each week and it's awesome to see the results in the mirror. This is the first time I've actually paid attention.

Oh, and the extra attention I'm getting from my husband is pretty nice too. ;) I'm just sayin'...

No comments:

Post a Comment