Sunday, February 20, 2011

Resolution Update: Week 7

Weight: 161!!! It's official: THERE'S 10 POUNDS LESS OF ME!

Diet: No big issues/surprises here this week. There was one thing that I had a little epiphany about this week: alcohol. I don't drink very much during the week but I do occasionally have a beer or glass of wine and I realized that there are so many empty calories in alcohol. Ouch. For me, there is just nothing better than a glass of wine at the end of a very long day. But, I realize that I need to pay a little closer attention to that during the week. I did make up for it this weekend with a few margaritas on Saturday for my cheat day!

Exercise: I feel like I am really rocking this right now! I started Level 2 of the 30 Day Shred and it's tough but I am totally kicking butt!

Thoughts/Reflections for the week: Not only am I out of maternity clothes, I am officially out of my "transition" jeans!!! I am currently wearing a pair of my pre-pregnancy jeans and feeling great! They are very "fitted" at this point but they do fit!

For the first time, this week, I looked in the mirror and actually saw some of the changes in my body! It was so exciting to actually see for myself that my shape is changing. I have been feeling so great and everytime I feel like I want to skip a workout or eat something unhealthy I just remind myself how great I feel!

Also, as you know, this week we had a very eventful start to the week with the ER visit. When we got there at 7, I realized I had not eaten since 1 that afternoon. And I didn't eat again until 1:30 a.m.! I had to fight every urge in me not to raid the vending machines in the waiting room and I did cave on our drive home and we stopped at Whataburger. I only had the burger though! No cheese and no fries and no soda! The point is though that sometimes life throws us a curveball and we just have to roll with it the best we can. I couldn't control the events of that evening and I needed to eat. I just had to make the best decision possible at 1 in the morning and that's okay.

And now for the pic as promised!!

I'm bringing sexy back!

Anybody need tickets to the gun show?

1 comment: