Saturday, June 25, 2011

A Perfect 10

Yesterday, my child sailed into her 10th month of life and I am here today still feeling overwhelmed by how incredibly fast time is moving! I feel like I just wrote her 9 month update and I am excited and a little bit sad that there are only 2 months left of this first year.

My amazing daughter is growing so much every single day and soon, she'll be walking. She's already cruising around all of the furniture and she's tried to take a few steps on her own. I *think* I am ready for this next part of the journey! It's a good thing I've been working out because I'm going to need to be in top shape to keep up with this kid! She's into EVERYTHING and I had hoped that baby proofing would be optional but she has quickly proven that it certainly is not with this kid. Olivia Anne is one energetic, silly, lovable, and mischievous little girl!

Earlier this week, Mike and I were eating dinner as Oli was crawling all around us in the kitchen when I had a moment of "Aha, I am officially getting the hang of this parenting gig!" As we were eating, The Boss Lady started crawling underneath the kitchen table. Our table is this ornate, metal piece with a glass top and she loves to use it as a jungle gym. She stood up in the center of it and got her head stuck and started being VERY dramatic about it. She was crying and Mike and I just laughed. I know that may sound mean to those of you without kids but there are times as a parent that you just know when your kid is being a total drama queen. And my kid was being the Queen of Drama that night.

It just hit me that night that we are just so comfortable as parents these days. We know our kid well enough to know when to jump up and hold her in our arms or when to just laugh and let her figure things out on her own. Her crying used to freak me out. I mean, I never knew what any of her cries meant and I thought I had to fix everything for her. Now I know that I need to let her discover the world a little without jumping up and scooping her up every single time she fusses.

I am sitting here watching Olivia play as I type this. Occasionally, I have to stop and say "No, ma'am!" when she starts to get into something she shouldn't. And I'm in complete awe of this little person who is crawling around my living room like a mini-Godzilla. I seriously cannot believe 10 months have passed and it is incredible how much my child has changed.

Even more incredible is how we continue to love her more every single day. 10 months ago, I wouldn't have even believed it was possible to have this much love in my heart without it exploding.

Happy 10 month birthday to the crawling, into-everything, funny, loud, adorable, best-hug-giving, almost-3-toothed Boss Lady!



Some kids snuggle with a teddy bear. Mine snuggles with her remote control!




The Drama Queen at her best!

Oli and her old lady walker

10 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment