Saturday, September 18, 2010

Let the good times begin!

Okay, so I've FINALLY started a blog! I've put it off for awhile now for several reasons; however, since I joined the Land of Mommyhood, I find I have so many things on my mind that I need to get them out of my head and out in to cyber-world.

On August 24, 2010 at 7:54 a.m., God blessed my husband Mike and I with a sweet little miracle we have named Olivia Anne. She was 9 lbs, 3 oz and is the most beautiful child either of us have ever seen! On that day began my adventures in this crazy world called Mommyhood.

And just so everyone's clear: I intend to be VERY realistic about my adventures in this crazy, crazy world. So, if you are looking for a blog that talks about how parenthood is a dreamland where you wake up every day feeling like a million bucks, you should find another web address to hang out at!

I'm not saying that mommyhood isn't wonderful. It totally is! But it has it's moments when I want to run screaming down the street--and I'm only 3 & 1/2 weeks in! And it seems that most moms (and dads!) have had that moment. You know, the one where the sweet and amazing miracle of life you and your husband created looks at you, opens her/his mouth and screams a scream so horrible that your head starts splitting, your boobs start leaking, and your bones start aching. You and your partner look at each other and ask "What in the hell did we get ourselves into???"

And the next day, your sweet angel baby is back. Giving you those sweet eyes and funny faces that make you wonder if you dreamt the whole screaming episode the night before. You start to wonder if that sleep deprivation really IS making you hallucinate (there's a reason it's a form of torture!).

With every day, you learn and grow and are stretched beyond what you thought possible. Life is supposed to be about the journey and this journey is definitely one worth taking!

So, welcome to my adventures! I hope you have as much fun as I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment